Greetings Falcon Families,
We are excited to welcome our Forest Grove Falcons back for the new school year, and we hope that this message will assist you in your preparations for the school year. We will follow up with more information as the first day of school approaches, so rest assured that you will be well informed heading into 2021-22.
Whether you are new to the school or a returning family, please make sure that you have completed the online registration process that was sent to you through our new system, Synergy. If you have an email confirming your registration, then you are all set. If you need assistance, please contact our office at 646-6560.
School Safety Procedures
Although we are allowed to have all of our students back on campus, California Department of Public Health guidelines require some safety measures remain in place. Here are some of the procedures we will follow for the coming school year.
- All students and staff are required to wear masks for indoor instruction and activities..
- Mask wearing is optional during outdoor activities.
- Only essential volunteers will be allowed on campus.
- Parents will not be allowed to walk their children to class. We will have staff available to assist students.
- Students will clean their hands upon arriving and leaving classrooms.
- Doors and windows will be open to allow for maximum air circulation.
- Class groups will be able to mix.
More details will be shared once the district’s updated COVID Safety Plan is approved by the PGUSD Board of Trustees.
First Day of School/Arrival and Dismissal Times
- The first day of instruction is Thursday, Aug. 5.
- Instruction begins at 8:45 a.m. for all students.
- Playground supervision is available at 8:30 a.m., and students are not allowed on campus before that time. Dismissal is at 3:10 p.m. every day of the week EXCEPT Thursday.
- We have a 2 p.m. dismissal every Thursday to allow our staff time to meet. The first day of school falls on Thursday, so students will be dismissed at 2 p.m. on that day.
Dismissal for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten is at 2 p.m. EVERY DAY.
- Forest Grove will email class lists to our families at the end of the day on Tuesday, Aug. 3.
- We will hold a Meet and Greet for families on Wednesday, Aug. 4, from 3-4 p.m. More information about the Meet and Greet will be sent home later.
School supply lists for each grade level are published on our school website. Click here to see the lists.
Before and After School Recreation Program
- We plan on running a full Before and After School Recreation Program beginning at 7 a.m. and ending at 6 p.m.
- Parents may come by the office to pick up registration information about the program. Forest Grove office hours are 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Our program leader Mrs. Roman will be back on campus Thursday, July 29.